Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
At acuraoemparts.com? As good a place as any. Buy new what you can or want, and refinish the rest. I've got the same big job ahead of me, with my car having history on the east coast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At acuraoemparts.com? As good a place as any. Buy new what you can or want, and refinish the rest. I've got the same big job ahead of me, with my car having history on the east coast.
Yeah that’s where I’m at the north east n all the salts

·
Registered
778 Posts
To me the strategy you should have for this is obvious. Ensure you don't have any fluid leaks by replacing hoses, gaskets, ties, and clips where needed. Steam clean the engine bay and get rid of the grease and grime. Start from one section and work your way across. You can paint the valve cover yourself using heat resistant spray paints.

Post pictures of your progress!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To me the strategy you should have for this is obvious. Ensure you don't have any fluid leaks by replacing hoses, gaskets, ties, and clips where needed. Steam clean the engine bay and get rid of the grease and grime. Start from one section and work your way across. You can paint the valve cover yourself using heat resistant spray paints.

Post pictures of your progress!
I’ll do just that I’m new to the whole process so we’ll see where I go

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am about to convert mine to ep3 si electric power steering to get rid of all hydraulic power steering lines cause they are leaking and need to put a tensioner in it place from ep3 and I am shaving and tucking everything in my bay so my shit is going to be hella clean enough to eat off. Give me by end of year I will post pictures watch.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You need to re route your throttle cable get a shorter one from a gsr and hid it under intake over top transmission thats what I did first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts