Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an '06' RSX and I really like the rear end on it, but I might like the front headlights of the 02-04s more. I was looking into front bumper conversions and think that it is feasible, but would it be weird to not convert the rear also?

Side related question, what's your opinion of either lights, teardrops or not for both headlights and taillights, which is your favorite?

·
WILDCARD!
1,525 Posts
Would it look weird? No, not necessarily. I'd say go with the black housing style though.

In my opinion, 05-06 everything is much better looking. But that's just me.

·
Registered
2006 Vivid Blue Pearl RSX Type-S/1995 Delsol VTEC
30 Posts
If you search around you'll find alot of people have done the front and rear end conversions both ways.

I've considered swapping out my rear to an 02-04 but Im with BrutalB83, I personally think the entire 05-06 exterior is nicer looking then the 02-04.

If we're talking looks I think the 05-06 stock RSX-S with the A Spec wing looks so perfect. All it needs is a nice set of wheels and maybe some good suspension and a lip kit if your into that.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I've actually thought about that very setup, because it would look more like a modernized DC2. Something of a 'quad' headlight look up front, with the more straight rears.

I love the 0204's rear lights too much to do it myself, though. 0204 all around for me; it's just more aggressive looking. Just needs black-housed headlights something like an A-spec front lip to help it out.

·
WILDCARD!
1,525 Posts
I've actually thought about that very setup, because it would look more like a modernized DC2. Something of a 'quad' headlight look up front, with the more straight rears.
Interesting concept. Yeah, I can see that. I always thought that the bubble headlights were meant to evoke the DC2. Why they thought they should apply the same to the tail lights though, is a mystery to me.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Spoon's DC5 race car had this. I can't remember if it was the 02-04 front with the 05-06 rear or vice versa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got an idea. I want '05-06 front end and headlights, and I have an '04 Type S. Wanna swap?
Nah I'm okay for now, just polished oxidation from my headlights, and I wanna enjoy and drive my car around stock for a bit before I do some upgrades, thx tho!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts