Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently i'm running on a pair of 17inch Exel H-50's (19lbs each)

I'm looking into buying some Enkei RP02-J's (17's also) and they weigh 15.4lbs each.

Would this help in the 1320? I know i could go 16's but i love the look of 17's with my drop.

Currently i'm running 14.85 on my exels w/ my only power mod being AEM CAI.

Any opinions or help would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
the question is how much do stockers weigh? I seriously doubt you'll gain anything unless your stockers are REALLY heavy. cause it might also screw with your ratios since the tires are bigger.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
its also the weight of the tires.

so if you find a set of 17's that are 1lb heavier, but the tires are 1lb lighter, you got a balance of weight. You would have to find a tire that has the same diameter of the original... eg 205/55/16 and 225/45/17 then the only difference would be is that the wheel hub has to turn a 17" instead of a 16" wheel. you really won't notice a difference, and i'm sure the 1/4 mile time would be half of a tenth a second difference.. the thing you have to do is make sure your entire wheel assembly is lighter then factory.

So find a lightweight coilover setup, brake kit, wheel/tire combo, etc... if you can shed off 10lbs on each side, your setup would help you on the track and road course.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MYRSXCOM said:
its also the weight of the tires.

so if you find a set of 17's that are 1lb heavier, but the tires are 1lb lighter, you got a balance of weight. You would have to find a tire that has the same diameter of the original... eg 205/55/16 and 225/45/17 then the only difference would be is that the wheel hub has to turn a 17" instead of a 16" wheel. you really won't notice a difference, and i'm sure the 1/4 mile time would be half of a tenth a second difference.. the thing you have to do is make sure your entire wheel assembly is lighter then factory.

So find a lightweight coilover setup, brake kit, wheel/tire combo, etc... if you can shed off 10lbs on each side, your setup would help you on the track and road course.

Thanks for the tip, that helped :) I'm not sure what my tires weigh, and I know the rims I want are 15.2lbs each my tires are most likely heavier than the stock Michelins I'll figure something out I guess ;)
thanks again.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
EvilSpyderMan9 said:
Thanks for the tip, that helped :) I'm not sure what my tires weigh, and I know the rims I want are 15.2lbs each my tires are most likely heavier than the stock Michelins I'll figure something out I guess ;)
thanks again.
225/40/18 toyo t1s weigh like 21lbs - just for reference

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MYRSXCOM said:
225/40/18 toyo t1s weigh like 21lbs - just for reference
Thanks. I found out my Potenzas weigh 24lbs. I know that's heavier than our Michilens. Anyone know the weight of the stock tires?
Thanks~~

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
EvilSpyderMan9 said:
Thanks. I found out my Potenzas weigh 24lbs. I know that's heavier than our Michilens. Anyone know the weight of the stock tires?
Thanks~~
i think the wheel/tire combo stock is like 34lbs, correct me someone if i'm wrong..

my 18's weighed 39lbs ea

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
XxThInKxX said:
dont forget about rotational velocity and weight. thats what plays a big role in lost power.
True true. What i'm ending up going to do I believe since I really dont want to give up my wheels just for drag racing. I think i'm going to go buy some stockies off of someone and put some Azenis or some sort of really sticky tire on them. My friend offered to let me use his storage center to put them.

Thanks again for all the help :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts