Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Like a sir
1,814 Posts
Honestly I think you will enjoy it at first, but after a while you're going to miss that open freedom feeling. Sure you can cruise with the top and windows down, but it's not the same as hopping on your bike and whizzing around like your Vin Diesel from XXX.

Keep the bike, especially if it's the way you want/like it. You didn't do that just to get rid of it I'm sure. But that's all my opinion, that's the way I would feel and I know me pretty well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Honestly I think you will enjoy it at first, but after a while you're going to miss that open freedom feeling. Sure you can cruise with the top and windows down, but it's not the same as hopping on your bike and whizzing around like your Vin Diesel from XXX.

Keep the bike, especially if it's the way you want/like it. You didn't do that just to get rid of it I'm sure. But that's all my opinion, that's the way I would feel and I know me pretty well.
Well put.. I wish I knew someone with a turbo rsx so they could take me for a drive I really have no idea what to expect.. The only thing I don't like or understand is the bov is so quiet from the videos I have seen.. This sucks I really dOnt know what to do.. One day I want to but then the next I don't but I would love to have my car turboed something I always wanted just couldn't afford it..

·
Registered
537 Posts
Definitely keep the bike. The sound, the feel, the power...I would never lose the bike to turbo the car. Besides the fact that the bike will always be faster and IMO more fun. It can also save you money vs driving a car. Let alone driving and maintaining a turbo car. I'm on my second bike which is a TL1000R. Discontinued and its a torque monster V-twin sportbike.

·
Turblo FTW!
445 Posts
Definitely keep the bike. The sound, the feel, the power...I would never lose the bike to turbo the car. Besides the fact that the bike will always be faster and IMO more fun. It can also save you money vs driving a car. Let alone driving and maintaining a turbo car. I'm on my second bike which is a TL1000R. Discontinued and its a torque monster V-twin sportbike.

Man TLRs are Harley's with fairings might as well have a buell hahaha

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
sell it... its a 600 its not that fast. upgrade to a 1kr or turbo your car.

but it really depends on where you are in your life. ive had a handful of 1krs and a few 600s, even a stunter and if thats what makes you happy then keep it. but im more feeling the car thing atm so all i have is a 1973 cb200 lol rock on

·
Turblo FTW!
445 Posts
Not quite a harley. I guess you dont like ducati and aprilia either. I take it you haven't rode a TLR before.
Red a tlr once a buddy had not a true liter bike, the Italian bike are really good looking (my fav is the ducati 1099)but lack in performance. From a factory stand point how often do they win or lead a super bike race?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Red a tlr once a buddy had not a true liter bike, the Italian bike are really good looking (my fav is the ducati 1099)but lack in performance. From a factory stand point how often do they win or lead a super bike race?
The TLR was designed to beat the Ducati of its time and they were close in specs. But the ducatii was always king. Its a unique twin motor more of an L twin than a V. The TLR only won I think 1 superbike race before they axed it from the lineup. And they've changed the superbike regulations a lot since. Which also played a part I think. It def had its flaws But at the end of the day. I'm not on a track. And the ride ability of it is better and more comfortable than the new inline bikes. (I'm a big guy 6'2" over 200 lbs.) And torque that is conparable to new inline 1000s. Although I love the inlines also.

·
CHEAP TRACKDAYS WANTED
1,120 Posts

you don't know Carlos Checa.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Nothing really replaces the feeling of riding a bike. I say keep the bike and sell it only if you profit. Then use that money to get a bigger bike like I do.

·
Type s
333 Posts
yea im aware the bike will still be faster and wont feel the same at all.. i love the feeling on a bike but i just cant afford a bike and to turbo my car right now.. the shitty thing is i just put a bunch of money into my bike making it how i like it such as fairings new exhaust hids ect... i would pick up a used kit so i could have some cash saved over to put towards a motocross bike, but il still miss the cbr..
Save up the money keep both and just wait, patience is key, good things happen to people who wait, save up a few g's over a few months and turbo it then :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Save up the money keep both and just wait, patience is key, good things happen to people who wait, save up a few g's over a few months and turbo it then :)

I'm going to have to agree.. I know I'd miss the bike for sure, specially just putting a couple thousand into it... I think il just get kpro for now and see how that goes
Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it

·
Hafa!?
1,238 Posts
Its definitely a tough decision. Boosted DC5 and a bike, both are fast but very different. I boosted my car last April, then bought the bike in June. Like others have said, its hard to beat cruising on the bike on a cool summer day. To me though bikes are easy to come by so selling one, you arent out very much. You definitely wouldnt be disappointed I think from going turbo. Although Ive had my fair share of issues since boost, still dont regret the decision.

If you think you can get a nice profit from the bike and enough to completely pay for your kit. I say boost it. Can you afford to have the DC5 down? or is it your only car?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts