Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
she loves it
36,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was driving home from the mall on the highway and this altima se-r starts to play games and try to pick on me. He comes up right behind me, pulls up to my side and starts accelerating and decelerating. I'm like fuck this shit, pop it into 3rd and gun it.

Needless to say i put a good length or two on him, and i'm somewhere around 100MPH (the highway was straight enough at this point so it wasn't TOO dangerous). Next thing i know i see blue flashing lights in the next lane over right in front of me. It was an undercover cop, and i thought to myself "ho - ly shit, i'm fucked".

At this point, i've already slowed down to the speed limit and am past the cop (i didn't pass by him going 100, rather maybe around 70ish). Now he's still in the next lane over but behind me. I thought, he had me for sure. But surprisingly enough, he just keeps on going as if nothing had happened. I kept at the speed limit and got off on the next exit.

Now i don't know if he couldn't pull me over cause technically he didn't know how fast i was going or because he only saw me until i was actually doing the speed limit, or because he got lazy. I don't know. But i know for sure that i saw those lights start flashing as soon as i came up on him. I guess i lucked out.

Cliffs:
-altima trying to punk me on highway
-i punked altima
-did 100 MPH BEHIND a cop and pulled up passed him at around 70 ish
-saw him flash his lights when i was behind him
-he didn't pull me over
-i got confused, but was happy nevertheless

Stupid Altimas :laughing:

·
i-Vtec therefore I am
703 Posts
Better be careful next time man.. I'm guilty of the same thing, but if I get pulled over I know I deserve it.

·
she loves it
36,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i knew in my head i deserved whatever i had coming.

however, of all the crazy shit i've done on the streets, not one speeding ticket to date. knock on wood*

·
Currently High.
790 Posts
damn dude that has happened to me one time when i was racing some frt4, but the cop just flew by me with his lights and i was dumbfounded like wtf......heartbeating....

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
that's possible...i never thought about that, but i figure a cop on the highway would stay in his jurisdiction :dontknow:
Eh, maybe, not always though. I actually witnessed EXACTLY what you went through. A car was speeding and it zoomed right past me. My detector was going crazy. A few secs later, I see a cop on his ass with his lights on. The driver slows down, the cop turns off his lights, and exits a mile down the highway. Also, I had another friend who had a similar experience. However, the cop actually did pull him over, but let him go, because he was off duty, and he didn't want to mess with anything.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
If he flashed his lights

and shut them off

that means he was telling u to slow down....

thats it plain and simple

it was a friendly warning

BTW i dont care that u were speeding or street racing...

but u def dug a grave makin a thread about it

( i got stopped at 135 MPH, he let me go....
i just purchased my car (not this car), and was 5 minutes away from the dealer, and i was so excited i just had to take it up to speed to see watch she felt like(bought it used dont worry)....and then BAM Valentine 1 goes nuts...and im like O SH*T im f*CKED.....haha but he was cool about it)

·
Skeet Skeet...
2,394 Posts
maybe he was not a cop, or just a detective that just wanted you to slow down...

·
she loves it
36,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If he flashed his lights

and shut them off

i just purchased my car (not this car), and was 5 minutes away from the dealer, and i was so excited i just had to take it up to speed to see watch she felt like(bought it used dont worry)....and then BAM Valentine 1 goes nuts...and im like O SH*T im f*CKED.....haha but he was cool about it)

i didn't know cops gave "friendly warnings" like that.

and what do you mean i dug a grave by making this thread?

·
Firefighter/Paramedic
8,720 Posts
Not sure what the light laws are where you live, but by us, the firefighters have blue lights. I have one in my car.

Are you sure it was a cop that turned the light on, and not a firefighter responding to a general alarm?

Just a though...

·
she loves it
36,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure what the light laws are where you live, but by us, the firefighters have blue lights. I have one in my car.

Are you sure it was a cop that turned the light on, and not a firefighter responding to a general alarm?

Just a though...
um i dunno...i've never heard of a firefighter car in va :dontknow:
i really would rule that possibility out to be honest.

·
Currently High.
790 Posts
If he flashed his lights

and shut them off

werd about the flashing lights. i try to warn ppl also. just a friendly gesture

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.