Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
secret member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a cwest lip sitting around and some cf side skirts, does anyone know if its possible to wrap a front lip? I've checked out you guys wrapping other things in cf but I'm wondering if you're able to find a sheet long enough and or if itd be a hassle. thanks guys!

·
secret member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol im cheap...my sides are cf and i want the front to match. I've got a cwest front too so I know that'll just be a bitch to wrap, anyone selling a cf front lip? :p

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
I'd try to wrap it. I mean if it doesn't work out, you can always paint it.

·
secret member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's not that im being cheap, I'm just trying to see if it's possible since the lip is just layin around and I thought I'd try a DIY if someone has done it before

·
Duffman OHH YEAAHH
9,811 Posts
it's not that im being cheap, I'm just trying to see if it's possible since the lip is just layin around and I thought I'd try a DIY if someone has done it before
it wont look right, and most of the time when people do duy carbon its for smaller pieces and things that arent directly exposed to the elements all the time, but w/e i guess its worth a try

·
Certified Increadible
2,459 Posts
the cf look is not my style, just paint it all to match the car, or if that was the case that you wanted to match in the first place, then you should have spent the extra mony in the first place buying cf... it will look like poo if you do it your self

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
i'm getting my A-spec lip wrapped in cf, only cuz i want to be original. but get a professional to do it.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
only the greddy and spoon on that site :(

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
www.selectproducts.com should have the carbon fiber you need (if you do it) last i knew they sold by the square footage. i can promise you that it will be a BITCH to do. i have a video on how to. and well... its a little harder then you might think. expecially if you want the pattern to hold the same on both ends and all that. some of the things you see are resin impregnated to help them to stick/adhear, some are also vacumned into place as well... to insure they are sealed right up to the project peice you have.

if you lay it you will have to be vary carful in the way you mix your resin... not to do it too "hot" or to "cold" so you have ample time but a good harden rate so it doesnt shift on you.

also keep in mind... when this stuff hardens on its NOT coming off without tearing up your peice. so you will either have a hit or a miss... there is NO inbetween on this.

·
I Love My Wife
2,738 Posts
i dont think it will be worth it. you can but if you look at the way everyone else's diy carbon fiber comes out you'll notice how hard it is to keep the weave straight. and if you get it done they'll rape you on the price, someplace wanted $450 to wrap my valve covers.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
get it done by a CRSX member who has a shop lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts