Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title says, the 2002-2004 JDM DC5 Type R front bumper brake scoops left and right sides only. I already own the brake ducts that locate inside of the front bumper, I am just looking for the front part of the kit. Last time I made this WTB post I got many messages with people selling the 05-06 brake duct kit which is easily available brand new.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
Are you looking to do this strictly for the cooling aspect, or cooling aspect + jdm points? 02-04 fog light bezels look like they could be used in place of authentic scoops, and I know you're a DIY guy that can easily make that work.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you looking to do this strictly for the cooling aspect, or cooling aspect + jdm points? 02-04 fog light bezels look like they could be used in place of authentic scoops, and I know you're a DIY guy that can easily make that work.
that is a good idea I share with you. i thought about using those to provide the outline to that pocketed area.

i wanted to use it for the brake cooling benifit since I got the duct part inside of the bumper for free. i am not considering selling those and building my own and making the duct from a 180 U-bend of 3.5" aluminum piping I have here.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wish some aftermarket company would make something for this and/or a company that reproduces discontinued oem parts.

I was searching on www.blackhawkjapan.com and they have they best catalog for parts that could be considered universal and have high chances of working on our cars. I found some carbon fiber rear bumper vents that would work on our car for venting the rear bumper. that site also has good jdm aftermarket parts and better selections of parts from Mugen, J's Racing, Spoon, Toda, M&M than about all other websites. I need to continue to search that site, I might find something. their prices are half of what most jdm dealers charge for the same part. then there is shipping a little more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts