Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm looking to replace my 03 RSX front headlight lens.
After attempting to use headlight restoration methods on them a couple of times now... I'm just unhappy with the way they keep turning out... and UV breakdown / moisture has become an issue.

Does anyone have a perfect set of replica headlights - headlight lens or no where to get possibly just the lens alone?
I'm considering swapping the lens & then 3m clear wrapping them after.

Let me know if you guys got anything.

Thanks
SpOON-racer

·
Trust Auto
231 Posts
Try take them out and wet sand them from 500, 800, 1000, 1500 girt. Then spray a few layers of gloss clear coat on them. It will last a lot longer.

If you want it to be in mint condition, the sanding part will take a few hours.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
+1 for wet sanding and resealing as mentioned above. I would get something actually labeled as sealant though. I've used an outdoor clear gloss on my plate frame before and it lasted about a week before it started peeling. I also do not recommend applying a clear wrap. The idea behind it is great, but it doesn't last forever and when you have to remove it, it's a pain in the ass. I looked around for replacement lenses and ended up replacing both headlights. I now use headlight rubbing compound (either Turtle Wax or Meguiars) once a month in order to maintain them without having to use sandpaper.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the advise guys... But it's been annoying as hell over the years...
I'm probably on my 3rd set of lights now. Once the lens goes that first time... I've never been able to get them back to OEM condition. The wet sanding method has been attempted with clear coat but it never last...

I really need a perfect set of lens. My goal is to wrap them and then ceramic coat the film?

·
Trust Auto
231 Posts
I appreciate the advise guys... But it's been annoying as hell over the years...
I'm probably on my 3rd set of lights now. Once the lens goes that first time... I've never been able to get them back to OEM condition. The wet sanding method has been attempted with clear coat but it never last...

I really need a perfect set of lens. My goal is to wrap them and then ceramic coat the film?
Someone is selling his set, not sure if you saw this post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts