Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I am looking for a set of OEM ION Foglights, the JDM version not the clear USDM ones. I have been looking for a while but havent found an authentic set. Looking for a brand new or in great condition set. Anyone have a set? Please send me some pics and details, i have money in hand! Otherwise any information on where to find would be appreciated! Been going crazy looking for them :run:

·
is John
29,626 Posts
i have this foglights on my 02 and i really love it! :thumbsup:

sh!t happens.. :thumbsdow

i used to have a spare set of OEM JDM foglight wiring harness for the cabin.. and sold it..:)

i believe you can use the 02-04 foglights and use a 05-06 foglights housings & bezels.. :dontknow:

·
JDM>USDM
38,437 Posts

i used to have a spare set of OEM JDM foglight wiring harness for the cabin.. and sold it..:)

i believe you can use the 02-04 foglights and use a 05-06 foglights housings & bezels.. :dontknow:
Yes, the housing on the 02-04 and 05-06 are the same...I know because my OEM housing had a crack too and replaced it and they were the same part number.

That's why I applied the Lamin-x sheet on each lens, to protect it from another rock...it's a thick sheet, not a thin sheet.

·
SSM DC5
814 Posts

So if i order those fog lights from that guy, i can get the 05-06 and they will fit on my 04? because i like those better!

·
SSM DC5
814 Posts
ok, so i can buy 2nd gen rsx foglights and it will fit my 1st gen rsx.

the answer is yes.

why sell different versions if they all the same? lol

i want to order them soon and i want to make sure.:noes:

·
Registered
915 Posts

the answer is yes.

im pretty sure the 05-06 foglights wouldnt fit the 02-04 they are shaped differently (well at least it was when i did mines (06) and my friends (03)

·
is John
29,626 Posts

the answer is yes.

buy the 05-06 replica and switch the 02-04 OEM JDM fogs and use the housings.. not sure if 02-04 wiring are same with 05-06? :dontknow:

·
JDM>USDM
38,437 Posts
im pretty sure the 05-06 foglights wouldnt fit the 02-04 they are shaped differently (well at least it was when i did mines (06) and my friends (03)
The foglight housing are interchangeable between 02-04 and 05/06 RSX's...even 04/05 TSX would be able to use the same foglight housing (06-08 TSX would not work). I know this because one of my OEM (clear) foglight cracked and it was all the same part number.

In order for the set that I'm selling to work with 02-04 models, you would need to already have the metal brackets for 02-04 bumper to mount on correctly...and of course the wiring harnesses, switch, and front bezel to finish it off.

·
Registered
915 Posts
The foglight housing are interchangeable between 02-04 and 05/06 RSX's...even 04/05 TSX would be able to use the same foglight housing (06-08 TSX would not work). I know this because one of my OEM (clear) foglight cracked and it was all the same part number.

In order for the set that I'm selling to work with 02-04 models, you would need to already have the metal brackets for 02-04 bumper to mount on correctly...and of course the wiring harnesses, switch, and front bezel to finish it off.
didnt know that thanks for the info:thumbsup:

·
JDM>USDM
38,437 Posts
didnt know that thanks for the info:thumbsup:
No prob :2thumbs:

the answer is yes.

Here's an auction that sells replacement fog lenses and says it fits all year RSX: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-03-04-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abedb775e&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
buy the 05-06 replica and switch the 02-04 OEM JDM fogs and use the housings.. not sure if 02-04 wiring are same with 05-06? :dontknow:

Thats a great idea! I have seen an OEM set of the JDM IONs for the 02/04 then i could just keep the bracket and lights and drop them into the 05 Frame. Thanks dc5_dy !!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats a great idea! I have seen an OEM set of the JDM IONs for the 02/04 then i could just keep the bracket and lights and drop them into the 05 Frame. Thanks dc5_dy !!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts