Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

WTF car won't LOCK!!

Tags
car lock wtf
1K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  20secA3 
#1 ·
i cant get the car to lock, i push the lock on the remote, doesnt do anything, once i am in the car and the car is on, i can manually push on the pin to lock it but the button to unlock/lock doesnt do a damn thing. WTF? HELP

Reactions: majestic
#10 ·
if ALL your power locks arent working, i can pretty much guarantee its the #9 fuse under the hood thats blown.. its a 7.5a mini-fuse

*EDIT: when that happened to me, i couldnt unlock or lock my car with my remote. but when i changed the fuse, everything was ok. i dont know what your situation is with just being able to unlock, but check the fuse anyway

#11 ·
make sure ur hatch is closed it wont lock unless EVERY DOOR is shut 100% it could be a BACKUP fuse under the hood not sure if its wut person above me is typing but its a 7.5 as well.. if this is the case tho when u turn ut car on the gauges will be some what erratic and such..
most obvious would be to check the doors and especialyl the hatch to make sure its 100% closed

#24 ·
that shit happens to me every now and again. i just lock it maunally and hope no one fux with it. the next morning or in a couple of hours it seems to work again.

#32 ·
Its a the driver side door lock actuator. The passenger door lock, and the trunk lock only lock if the driver door is able to lock. If the driver door lock doesnt' lock, none of them do. You need to replace the door lock actuator. In the mean time, use your key manually to lock the door.. and then arm your security system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.