Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i got this slopped driveway.. i parked my car just like I normally would and put my ebrake up. I left it there for about 2 hours then went to get some food real fast with a friend (whose car was parked behind mine) I come back 15 minutes later and my car is halfway hanging off this cliff on my driveway being held back by a tree.... so my rear bumper looks like it got shanked in prison. is there a way to get this taken care of with insurance.. i could have clicked the damn ebrake maybe 2 more times but damn i never had a prob like this.

·
Hi there
696 Posts
Insurance should cover it but you have to cover the deductible and it will most likely make your insurance go up.

Tip for the future. Put it in gear as well.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
The ebrake on this car doesn't hold for shit. Another thing that sucks is that the cables stretch over time meaning that what you thought would hold it no longer does.

In the future you should always leave it in gear and pull the ebrake.

As for your bumper/insurance, call your broker and see what they say. Maybe someone on here is selling a bumper.

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Yeah, in gear as well

If your on a hill and your front end is facing down the hill, put it in reverse, if you're facing up the hill, put it in first gear

and max out your ebrake

also, take out your center console and tighten up your ebrake lines alittle

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
Okay so i got this slopped driveway.. i parked my car just like I normally would and put my ebrake up. I left it there for about 2 hours then went to get some food real fast with a friend (whose car was parked behind mine) I come back 15 minutes later and my car is halfway hanging off this cliff on my driveway being held back by a tree.... so my rear bumper looks like it got shanked in prison. is there a way to get this taken care of with insurance.. i could have clicked the damn ebrake maybe 2 more times but damn i never had a prob like this.
:eek: HOLY SNAP

put that ish in gear FTW, altho some hills wont be able to hold that either

·
SC Crew #20
1,675 Posts
I had this happen (except my car actually avoided 2 parked cars thanks to the slope of the hill etc) and I freaked out...

anyway like everyone said leave it in gear (I had acutally left mine running w/ ebrake up cause i was only runnin in my house to get a few things before leaveing for a trip) and hope that someone is selling a bumper on here for cheap

·
06 PWP Type-S
1,267 Posts
it happened to me to, one time i left my car on a small hill, then I went to the store, came back in 1 hour and my car was in the middle of parking lot, I was lucky no one hit it

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
it happened to me to, one time i left my car on a small hill, then I went to the store, came back in 1 hour and my car was in the middle of parking lot, I was lucky no one hit it

:iamwiths: happened to me too when i parked my car at my gfs work then took her sisters car to put in a new pcv and a new filter. she called n told me my car is in the midle of the parking lot i was like.. wtf.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, atlest im not alone.. i really am too pissed to even do a search rite now, any of you got a link to a online part shop so I can see some rear kits or somethin.. make me feel better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts