Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so yesterday a friend and I noticed a funky smell coming from inside the car. It only comes when the car is warmed up and can only be noticed inside. When driving it goes away, but when you're stopped, it comes back. I checked the entire interior and even the engine for burned or damaged hoses or whatever. Nothing. It's driving me nuts. Today we finally pinned it down to the smell of hot glue from a glue gun. No idea what it is or from where its coming from. Anyone know what it could be?

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
Ok so yesterday a friend and I noticed a funky smell coming from inside the car. It only comes when the car is warmed up and can only be noticed inside. When driving it goes away, but when you're stopped, it comes back. I checked the entire interior and even the engine for burned or damaged hoses or whatever. Nothing. It's driving me nuts. Today we finally pinned it down to the smell of hot glue from a glue gun. No idea what it is or from where its coming from. Anyone know what it could be?
sounds like the cat overheating...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats happened to me before, some shitty supermarket bag got stuck to my exhaust & strated melting on there.
AHA! that was it man. looked under the car and there's a fuckin black plastic bag melted onto the midpipe. fuckin sucks, but at least now i know what it is. i ripped off the part that wasn't melted onto the pipe, but theres a bunch of this black gunk shit on the pipe. anyway i can get this shit off without replacing?

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
Had a guy with a brand new Civic Si at Honda(where i worked)

came in...hes like i think my car is on fire...

we are like uhhh :eek:

hes like idk wats wrong with the car it only has 150 miles on it...

we take it in....

put it on the lift...

stupid plastic bag....haha

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
AHA! that was it man. looked under the car and there's a fuckin black plastic bag melted onto the midpipe. fuckin sucks, but at least now i know what it is. i ripped off the part that wasn't melted onto the pipe, but theres a bunch of this black gunk shit on the pipe. anyway i can get this shit off without replacing?
:pray: Just keep driving it'll go away:thumbsup:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was gonna guess the AC... you know how it smells weird when you first go to use it in the springtime...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.