Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im driving down the road after a semi hard run..i start hearing a wapping noise.. so i pull over(becuase its that loud) so anyway i get to my house and i first check the oil.that fine and then i start the car and it idles fine no noise but as soon as it hits 3k it makes that awful noise..it sounds like and feels like someone is hitting my car with a hammer..but what can this be maybe connecting rod or what give me some pointers..

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea funny.. and no it does it at idle to so its not just woot. umm any other thing that it could be.. its almost sounds like connecting rods or something of that nature..

·
Crunch time
3,387 Posts
oh wait, did you push it hard like right after you got it installed?? maybe it's worse than knocking (because knocking should be only intermittent (sp))...:noes: yeah now i'm thinking one of your rods are f'ed up...um i would def go check that out with a shop...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so heres what just happend.. i called hondata and they told me to go et new gas in the car so i did.. and as i was going home kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbboooooooooooooommmmmmm no more motor just completly blew up and the car shut off and now it wont even turn over...y am i not suppose to get on it right after install it..

·
WE GOT DEBRIS!
6,949 Posts
damn that sucks.... sorry dude. But yeah why arent you suppoed to get on it right after install of a reflash?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the guy from hondata says i prolly spun a bearing...awsome. now i need to buy a new block!!! wtf

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i dnt no man im just really pissed..i guess im gunna have to figure it out..the guy from hondata said i had to of had a problem before but i didnt the car was perfectly fine..

·
Heads/Cam > Head/Cams
3,480 Posts
Also since yours is an '02, check the last 5 digits of your VIN. There was a thread a while back about Acura switching to different valve springs halfway through the model year. I'll see if I can dig it up.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts