Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP HELP SOS!!!! I removed my rear acura and rsx type s emblems but it left this gunky glue adhesive leftovers.... I researcher at crsx and I found that they recommened me to use

1.) a credit card (to not scratch the paint but to be a tool to remove the adhevsives

2.) Rubbing alchohal (supposed to get rid of the stickyness)

3.) wd-40 to totally get rid of the adhesives

What resulted was the emblems being removed and the sticky stuff....

The bad part is now there is a discoloration on the areas I sprayed the wd-40 and the rubbing alchohal.. My car is black and the black color is now almost whitish greyish.... which shows VERY clearyl! HELP a feellow rsxer!!

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fuck man you guys serious.... Damn I didnt want to wait for a shop so i decided to do it on my own... everyone else seemed to have done it perfectly fine but wtf is up with mine? any solutions to this guys?

I might get a HONDA sign and a TYPE S sign to put it over the damage but it wont fully cover it though....

I need all the suggestions and help I can get... I went downstairs and tried washing it off again and yea I can def say that the paints messed up?

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
so like, its through the clearcoat? try polishing it first... i would think as soon as possible. if not, then umm... yea you're only choice would probably be to badge over it if you dont mind... or else... repaint =X

·
yut ughhh!!!
18,068 Posts
fuck man you guys serious.... Damn I didnt want to wait for a shop so i decided to do it on my own... everyone else seemed to have done it perfectly fine but wtf is up with mine? any solutions to this guys?

I might get a HONDA sign and a TYPE S sign to put it over the damage but it wont fully cover it though....

I need all the suggestions and help I can get... I went downstairs and tried washing it off again and yea I can def say that the paints messed up?
i think ur paint is seriously messed up at this point especially after uve gone over it so many times. just get badges twice the size.

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn so seriously my only PERMANENT choice to fix this problem is to repaint it.... jeez thats like 300 bucks out the window...

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
for sure but before i put some pics up imma go to my homies shop and see if it is perm damage and if tehres anything they can do about it...

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
No offense but wouldnt common sense tell you that those chemicals are a bit harsh?

What's wrong with a MF towel, some hot soapy water, maybe even a blowdryer, and some good ol' elbow grease?

I'd never put WD-40 or rubbing alcohol on my car....

·
Registered
241 Posts
No offense but wouldnt common sense tell you that those chemicals are a bit harsh?

What's wrong with a MF towel, some hot soapy water, maybe even a blowdryer, and some good ol' elbow grease?

I'd never put WD-40 or rubbing alcohol on my car....

·
Registered
347 Posts
HELP HELP SOS!!!! I removed my rear acura and rsx type s emblems but it left this gunky glue adhesive leftovers....
Why are you guys so hellbent on debadging? I mean, it's not like our car is a friggin' KIA embarrasment or something. Is the Acura name something to be ashamed of? Most anyone knows what the car is, why bother? Unless you think badges "gunk up" the look of the car..? It's not like the car has a big fat racing stripe decal on it - taking something like that off I can see. On one hand, you could say "Well, why does anyone do anything to their car?" But this is something I don't understand. Educate me here.

Why not just put your badge back on to cover it?

I mean, to each his own, we all have the right to do whatever makes us happy. But I just don't get it.

:driving:

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well after much anger and fustration I decided to call my friends at one of the shops he works at....

he says basically my paint is fucked..... BUT there is a chance we can cure it cuz he has this special cream that brings color back to life so we'll see if that doesnt work imma just rebadge over it i'll give you guys a heads up so you guys know what to do!

DONT FUCKING USE wd-40 or RUBBING ALCOHAL like what those other debadging threads say!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts