·
VTEC'n Again!!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
VTEC'n Again!!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would the thread get locked? And also, if I understand what you are saying, why do you think that the information is not accurate? I wouldn't think that AOL would post something that isn't true, especially when it pertains to something like vehicle safety?

·
Off That
236,573 Posts
:rotfl:

Since when does "truth" have anything to do with it?

This is nothing more than a pile of statistics put together... you're the one trying to draw conclusions from it. READ what it says at the bottom of that VERY article:

"It still remains that the highest risk of driver death is beholden to the drivers themselves and their own standards of safe driving."

Therefore attempting to rationalize getting rid of your car because you believe it is the source the driver fatality problems is utterly moronic.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Why would the thread get locked? And also, if I understand what you are saying, why do you think that the information is not accurate? I wouldn't think that AOL would post something that isn't true, especially when it pertains to something like vehicle safety?
it would get locked because its a repost that was just covered last week.

Also, that does not make any sense because the 350Z and the G35 are basically the same car... besides the type of drivers being different between the two cars, what would make one #2 on the safe list and the other #3 on the unsafe list? It's not like Nissan pours a ton more into safety for the G35 than it does the 350z.... It's gotta be the type of driver that buys each one of the car waaayyyy more than the actual car itself.

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts
it would get locked because its a repost that was just covered last week.

Also, that does not make any sense because the 350Z and the G35 are basically the same car... besides the type of drivers being different between the two cars, what would make one #2 on the safe list and the other #3 on the unsafe list? It's not like Nissan pours a ton more into safety for the G35 than it does the 350z.... It's gotta be the type of driver that buys each one of the car waaayyyy more than the actual car itself.
:iamwiths: Again.

The big difference is guys my age (mid 30's) buying a 35K sports coupe, & Younger kids who dont have too much driving experience, getting a way too powerfull car from thier parents & driving like maniacs because they think it's cool.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
:iamwiths: Again.

The big difference is guys my age (mid 30's) buying a 35K sports coupe, & Younger kids who dont have too much driving experience, getting a way too powerfull car from thier parents & driving like maniacs because they think it's cool.
exactly.

Unfortunately the RSX is a middle to upper middle class 16 or 17 year old boys wet dream come true... Then they go wreck them and kill themselves, jacking up insurance for everyone and making the car look bad statistically. :thumbsdow Idiots....and idiot parents.

My first car was a 1989 honda prelude with 104hp and tq less than that.... Wonder where that thing stood on the list :laughing:

·
Registered
151 Posts
:firemad: Statistics piss me off! Especially these sensationalist studies that blare headlines about something dangerous. You can make them say anything you want depending on how you present/frame the facts.

Why are RSX's on the list? Because a bunch of young people drive them way too fast and crash them. I mean who's going to drive that mini van on the safe list at 90 to 100? But I bet almost every member here has had their RSX up to that speed and that is plenty fast enough to kill you if you hit something.

My all time favorite was the f***ing insurance companies with the anti-lock brakes. Back when ABS was fairly new you used to get a line item discount if your car was equipped with them. But then the Highway Safety Institute or somebody like that did a "study" and concluded that having ABS did not significantly reduce your chances of being involved in an accident.

However what was NOT widely publicized was that ANY accident involving a car with ABS counted. In other words, if some idiot without ABS hit you from behind they still counted it in their statistics even though there was no way ABS could have effected the outcome!! So the insurance companies removed their discount and here we are. What they should have done was weighted the study with collisions that could have been legitimately been avoided by the driver having ABS.

In the study we're talking about they should have ranked the fatal accidents by speed. Let's say 90% of the 200+ fatalities in the RSX were in accidents where the car was traveling 85+. Everybody would go, "Well, yeah sure. Duh." And of course I'd like to see the ages of the drivers too.

Recently there was an "alarming" study published that said trying to select songs and an iPod while driving was "distracting". Well no shit, Sherlock!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
well i heard that the rsx did just as good as the others if u drive it off a cliff... so ill continue to feel safe in mine as long as i dont drive like a prick.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts