Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i am thinking getting carbon fiber hood for my rsx and i found this one. the invader one on the bottom of that page.

http://imoto.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/index.html

i am just curious if anybody have that hood or actually purchased from that site. cuz i wanna know the quailty of the hood and how fast was the shipping was and stuff. anybody? or anybody who can get me that hood for better price and better quailty?

G

·
Looks like a good buy to me.
Get it and let us know about the quaility and weight. Im seriously considering one of these or the fiber images. I think VIS makes one also and this might be one of those. I really want one

VIS says thiers are better than FI because the CF is tighter. I don't know who to believe help me out.

G

·
man what is the deal with EVERYBODY wanting a carbon fiber hood.. is it THE THING to do right now? i think it makes the car freaking ugly with that shit brown hood.. unless your car is shit brown..:rolleyes:

god knows it doesn't give you that much performance gain..:dontknow:

G

·
I don't know what CF hoods you've seen but all the ones I've seen are not brown maybe a graphite type color. They are carbon black, red, yellow and even blue. It is a performance mod because it wieghs so little. And when your car wieghs less it accelerates faster, and every ounce of wieght lost is power utlized because of it's lightness.
Thats why all race cars are gutted and or built w/ lighter materials like CF. It is the lightest strongest material ever made.
Some CF hoods can be cheap though and crack, thats why I want to see the quality of this one.
I believe there are bullet proof vest made out of this stuff also.
But it's not like the stuff you'll find on our car ours, hoods have a resin which hardens it.

G

·
I've seen a few CF hoods around, and I wouldn't mind paying a premium for a well-built hood...

My questions is this: Is there any special prep needed to paint a CF hood? I have a Desert Silver RSX Type-S, and I was thinking of painting a black/charcoal hood from the outer edges inward to the crease in the hood, thereby giving the hood a V-shaped black area that tapers down to the grill.

In addition, I'd paint an equal-sized stripe over the top of the car, and on the trunk (but not down the back of the car - stop it about where the spoiler would be).

Any comments?

G

·
I have the OEM stlye VIS in stock and it is such a beautiful hood. The weave is tight, the edges are rolled, it fits perfect, andit has a very nice high gloss appearance. Check out www.rsxmotorsports.com for more info. It is on sale this month....scroll to the bottom of the main page.

G

·
WOTM_RSX said:
I have the OEM stlye VIS in stock and it is such a beautiful hood. The weave is tight, the edges are rolled, it fits perfect, andit has a very nice high gloss appearance. Check out www.rsxmotorsports.com for more info. It is on sale this month....scroll to the bottom of the main page.
Nice hood - thanks for the info!

G

·
DaytonaRSX said:
I've seen a few CF hoods around, and I wouldn't mind paying a premium for a well-built hood...

My questions is this: Is there any special prep needed to paint a CF hood? I have a Desert Silver RSX Type-S, and I was thinking of painting a black/charcoal hood from the outer edges inward to the crease in the hood, thereby giving the hood a V-shaped black area that tapers down to the grill.

In addition, I'd paint an equal-sized stripe over the top of the car, and on the trunk (but not down the back of the car - stop it about where the spoiler would be).

Any comments?

yeah i have a comment:

DON'T DO IT.. sounds more rice then nice:laughing:

G

·
Breakbeater said:

yeah i have a comment:

DON'T DO IT.. sounds more rice then nice:laughing:
Uhhh... don't see how a minor weight modification is rice, but OK... Would it be OK with you if the hood was painted to match the rest of the car?

I guess I'll cancel my order for and intake too, you know how shiny and pretty it is... I don't care about the 8-10 hp gain.

And exhaust too! That nice grumbling sound, the better airflow - who needs that? And that horrible tip that comes with most of them - how ricey, right?

And then there's the OEM body kit - who would want that? just increases drag on the car - serves absolutely no purpose other than that! How stupid! And people still like it! Sheesh!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction man. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

-K

·
WTF
10,074 Posts
DaytonaRSX said:

Uhhh... don't see how a minor weight modification is rice, but OK... Would it be OK with you if the hood was painted to match the rest of the car?

I guess I'll cancel my order for and intake too, you know how shiny and pretty it is... I don't care about the 8-10 hp gain.

And exhaust too! That nice grumbling sound, the better airflow - who needs that? And that horrible tip that comes with most of them - how ricey, right?

And then there's the OEM body kit - who would want that? just increases drag on the car - serves absolutely no purpose other than that! How stupid! And people still like it! Sheesh!

-K
Hahaha that made me laugh. I bet he has Type-R stickers on his car :laughing:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dude www.rsxmotorsport.com got good deal on hood but not on the shipping. shipping is like 175!!! and i really want the invader kind. i know water will get in there and stuff but i still want that. and is it bad to get wet underneath the hood? i mean there is some wires going thru you know... well i will seel it up or do something for it anyway.

·
WTF
10,074 Posts
madkimchi said:
dude www.rsxmotorsport.com got good deal on hood but not on the shipping. shipping is like 175!!! and i really want the invader kind. i know water will get in there and stuff but i still want that. and is it bad to get wet underneath the hood? i mean there is some wires going thru you know... well i will seel it up or do something for it anyway.
Dude the whole bottom of your egine bay is exposed!! And with the invader hood the vent is located over the rad.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jasonoff said:

Dude the whole bottom of your egine bay is exposed!! And with the invader hood the vent is located over the rad.
i dunno. cuz i never had invader hood. yeah i know the bottom is open area but not much of water goes up wards cuz of gravity. and isn't it better if radiator cools down faster??? i dunno... i really want the invader though! can anybody hook me up with some good price?

G

·
DaytonaRSX said:

-K
man are you a retard? you asked for comment so i gave it to you.. hahhahaha .. don't be a lil sarcastic bitch now..

you know what .. do it.. paint your c/b hood and do that big ol stripe thing.. and worry about the intake and exhaust shit later on.. the stripe will make your car so dam awesome!! :thumbsup:

btw .. you must not understand what rice means.. you are rice .. you freak! you are the one that want a racing stripe on your bone stock car.. you freak.. get a clue.. hahahhaha:laughing:

·
WTF
10,074 Posts
madkimchi said:

i dunno. cuz i never had invader hood. yeah i know the bottom is open area but not much of water goes up wards cuz of gravity. and isn't it better if radiator cools down faster??? i dunno... i really want the invader though! can anybody hook me up with some good price?
You have nothing to worry about. Just think how dirty your engine bay is after the winter. I have crap everywhere in mine. Our wheel weels are wide open and the tires defy the law of gravity slinging it all over the place in there lol.

·
WTF
10,074 Posts
Breakbeater said:

man are you a retard? you asked for comment so i gave it to you.. hahhahaha .. don't be a lil sarcastic bitch now..

you know what .. do it.. paint your c/b hood and do that big ol stripe thing.. and worry about the intake and exhaust shit later on.. the stripe will make your car so dam awesome!! :thumbsup:
Dude pack your shit up and go home! Leave the man alone and keep you unwanted comments to yourself!

Do us all a favor, shut the fuck up and go whack off or something.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but I'm in a piss poor mood and you seemed like a nice person for me to vent my anger at!

Peace! :thumbsup:

G

·
oh shit .. the canadian is pissed at me.. what am i gonna do !!!

man fuck you .. you must be a ricer your self.. yep.. what you gonna do .. hahha .. fuckin canadian.. nanananana .. hahahhaha

like i give a fuck what you say.. :laughing: :thumbsup:

·
WTF
10,074 Posts
Breakbeater said:
oh shit .. the canadian is pissed at me.. what am i gonna do !!!

man fuck you .. you must be a ricer your self.. yep.. what you gonna do .. hahha .. fuckin canadian.. nanananana .. hahahhaha

like i give a fuck what you say.. :laughing: :thumbsup:
Obviously you do since you replied to this post.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.