Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Looks good man, how hard was it? I also have been wondering with a retrofit with projectors how do you aim the projector correctly? do you have to do that when you install it or is there some sort of adjustment that the projector itself can do?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
PimpDaddyKABZ said:
wow....thats a cool ass project......but why not regular HIDs?
I had XD 6k kit for about 3 months but I always wanted the flickering of the cutoff when I see a BMW drives behind me so I went ahead and bought some projectors from ebay and put them in myself :spin:

Its a very doable if you have some sort of knowledge about HIDs...

As far as aiming the projector...when you install the projector into the reflector...try to aim it as close to stock spec as you can so that later on you can use the stock aiming screw to do some debuggin if needed...I hope this helps

·
Registered
743 Posts
I also would like to add projectors to my hid's, but I feel that I would butcher my headlights. Were you able to use the rebased bulbs or did you order regular hid bulbs for the projectors?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i did that w/ hella units ....i luckily got the aiming right off the bat...but if you screw it up you're SOO screwed. just take your time and it's a project that's very do-able.

LOOKS GREAT!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I was thinking that maybe using some reflectors out of IS300 headlight would be more doable for me, what are your thoughts on that kind of retrofit?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
merlyn said:
i did that w/ hella units ....i luckily got the aiming right off the bat...but if you screw it up you're SOO screwed. just take your time and it's a project that's very do-able.

LOOKS GREAT!

:thumbsup: YUP...its very do-able...do lots of research and take your time...asks a lot of question :) www.hidforum.com/forum <---its a great site

·
yup
7,574 Posts
looks awesome man, take some pictures when they are on the car! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
thats looks very good...but you should have taken it easy with all the glue for the seals.

i would love to do this with a bi-xenon set up

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mt rsx said:
thats looks very good...but you should have taken it easy with all the glue for the seals.

i would love to do this with a bi-xenon set up

yeah...i know...i wish i would too but im so afraid of foggin so i used a little more than i should have...its alright...i'll take care of that when i have more time during my spring break...

·
yup
7,574 Posts
that is a wicked cutoff. looks awesome man :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts