Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i could purchase the 2 clips for the XD bulbs...i had to glue mine into the housing because i didnt have the clips...im thinkin about re-doing them so they stay aimed better...thanks!

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
they're off your stock lights.

if you already ruined yours, go to acura, and expect to pay $$$ for them.

or, go back to the flashing method :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WarmPepsi said:
they're off your stock lights.

if you already ruined yours, go to acura, and expect to pay $$$ for them.

or, go back to the flashing method :D

Thats what i thought...but they are like glued to the stock bulbs...how do you get that apart?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I just made my own x-clips kinda like the flashing method but I used a thicker piece of aluminum (as thick as your computer case)

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
smp606 said:
Thats what i thought...but they are like glued to the stock bulbs...how do you get that apart?
dunno, i'm the one that made the flashing diagrams. i never pulled it apart.

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
Or you could do what I did and make new wire clips from scratch. I used .055" music wire, the same stuff the stock ones are made of. They are brown in this picture because I sprayed them with primer. They hold the bulb perfectly, and you dont have to make a mess of your stock X-clips. :thumbsup:

·
dub.dub
10,537 Posts
aww!! lol i didn't read anything about the "flashing" method before i cut my stock clips, what does flashing mean anyway?
well, the install was fine for me, but to get these clips from acura if i ever want to go back to stock bulbs for whatever reason, anyone knows how much each clip costs with the plug too of course :p

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh i see....yeah with the X clips i thought i saw them that you can just clip onto the new bulbs??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts