Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is a stupid question for those of you in the know, but I'm going to install my lights today and I need to know before I begin. I'm sitting here looking over both the instructions that came with my kit, and the one's up in the "performance and tech" section on this site, and they both gloss over the part where you hook up the power output for headlamp (connect to OEM connection on the car). Where is this connection? I went out and looked around and there is a similar connector to the inside of the driver's light... is this it? Or is it off somewhere else? I searched all over, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the connector with two large, flat, gold-colored prongs, with one black and one white wire attached to it.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Super DC5 said:
It's the connector with two large, flat, gold-colored prongs, with one black and one white wire attached to it.
If I understand you correctly, those two "gold-colored prongs" go into the stock 3P connector for the low beam (the black connector with 3 slots in it that go into the low beam part of the headlamp).

Rick

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks anyway SpeeDemoN... anyone else want to play? I have a few minutes because it's trying to rain :(

Off the relay there are 4 packs of wires. 2 of them go to the lights themselves, one goes to the 20A fuse which goes to the battery, and the other goes to this "power output for headlamp". I don't have a camara, and I can't find it on this site, hense the confusion.

I'm sure someone here has installed their own lights and still remembers what I'm talking about. :dontknow:

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
matsuya said:
If I understand you correctly, those two "gold-colored prongs" go into the stock 3P connector for the low beam (the black connector with 3 slots in it that go into the low beam part of the headlamp).

Rick
But there's only one!?! If it went into the low beams, wouldn't there be two of them??

·
-------------------------
5,640 Posts
I do remember that there was something during the installation that had to do with the stock connector, and there was 2 slots on the stock connector but you only use one....

Something like that...

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SpeeDemoN said:
I do remember that there was something during the installation that had to do with the stock connector, and there was 2 slots on the stock connector but you only use one....

Something like that...
The connector on the XD kit has the two prongs.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I know there are two wires that go into the stock connector, one wire for 12v power, one for ground, and two wires that connect to the ballast which have their own plugs.

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
matsuya said:
I know there are two wires that go into the stock connector, one wire for 12v power, one for ground, and two wires that connect to the ballast which have their own plugs.
According to my instructions, there are two that go to the ballast (each has their own ground), one that goes to 12V (the one with the 20A fuse), and this connector that says "power output for headlamp- connect to OEM connection on the car".

Some fun with microsoft paint...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
That's the 3p connector. There is one for the high beam and one for the low beam. There are two leads that are supposed to go into that connector.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Wait, is that connector part of the HID kit? If so, they must have changed it. If that's the case, then that plugs into the female 3p connector.

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
matsuya said:
Wait, is that connector part of the HID kit? If so, they must have changed it. If that's the case, then that plugs into the female 3p connector.
Yes, it's part of the XD kit. So where is the female 3p connector located?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts