Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
FCUK Rep Pts!
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup yo i had my HIds since last May and lately i find my HIds, losing its color, the bulbs are more like yellowish now, its not even a year yet, does this cover under warrenty??

i have 6000k HID btw, the color used to be very purple but lately its yellowish, has this happen to anyone else?

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
i think thats just how they are after they break in..

are they turning yellow or just MORE WHITE?

·
Oct '01 OG!
4,463 Posts
I think it's normal too, my 6K from XD are very purple when they turn on but get yellow and white once they warm up. They're still bright as hell!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hmmm, I have had my Hella kit for about a year, and they're still the exact same color as when I first bought them. I use mine day and night. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
my friend's Phillips 6000k turned yellow after a while too....
that's why i went with Hella....still loving it after two years :thumbsup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
any info on the HELLA kits? like where did you buy and how much? thanks i appreciate any info

·
Registered
786 Posts
Is this the same with the 4300k xenondepot kit? I emailed them and was told that they actually get a bit bluer after break-in period..

·
-------------------------
5,640 Posts
SoLoSpEeD101 said:
any info on the HELLA kits? like where did you buy and how much? thanks i appreciate any info
Careful, hella doesn't make kits. Just ballasts.

For bulbs you have to find your own, or just use the cheap korean ones that people give you with the "kits".

·
///M
5,299 Posts
ahhahah! sucker!!!! is this on the accord? i have no complaints with misterjung and my bulbs are bluer than ever... :p maybe contact XD

·
FCUK Rep Pts!
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
aznbeayst said:
ahhahah! sucker!!!! is this on the accord? i have no complaints with misterjung and my bulbs are bluer than ever... :p maybe contact XD
dont make me go down there and %$*& you up punk!, i'm coming this weekend :bow: so u better be :nervous:

anyway lol, do XD still post around here?? :questionm

·
Code Monkey
111 Posts
I've had my XD 6000k kit for almost 2 years now and they are still nice, bright and purple.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i just installed the XD kit..... so majority of them turn yellow??

what kinda of shitty ass kit is that, i spent freaking 550 on it ....

·
Premium Member
35,049 Posts
Mine are still awesome.

·
Registered
365 Posts
all aftermarket HID turns yellow after a year or so....can't do anything about it...thats the reason why a lot of people nowadays do retrofit instead of buying HID kits.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts