Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went for a quick run up palomar mountain again today...and it happened. When they said it would catch you off guard....it catches you off guard! i freaked out cuz my toe sliders on my sidi boots were sliding at the same time...thought the bike was falling over..lol stupid phone camera, you can barely see shit...

Random pics

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well...turbo rsx was faster than my evo...then i got a bike...lol yeah wowzers

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
At the risk of sounding like 'johnny-safety', knee dragging on public roads is stupid.

If you want to go fast, take it to the track.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
never crossed the double yellow....i know its kinda unsafe to do it on the streets, but honestly today...i wasnt really trying to...and for some reason i just did....and people were passing me all day so that lets you know how fast i really am going...i wont be trying to do it again anytime soon, because i am saving up for the superbike school...

·
party like a ROCKSTAR!!
3,181 Posts
yeah i would love to try and drag my knee but i'm planning on waiting til i can take a superbike school or hit the track sometime

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
please take it to the track. Two weekends ago a hardcore 9 rider (the highway around here all riders go on) was airlifted to the hospital. He's alive, but was in a coma for a while. He went off the railing. He didn't hit anything...not sure exactly what happened.

But it was found that he was going 90 in a 45.

When you get your knee down, you are obviously not leaving yourself much margin for any unexpected things like gravel, debri, deer, squirrels, and stupid cars crossing the double yellow. Think how much time it will take for you to get back up on the seat to make an emergency maneuver? And in that time, it could be too late.

Always ride no more than 6 out of 10 on the street if you must go fast. Simply because it is not an uncontrolled environment. On the track, eat your heart out.

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
When you get your knee down, you are obviously not leaving yourself much margin for any unexpected things like gravel, debri, deer, squirrels, and stupid cars crossing the double yellow.
everytime i lean when riding around, highlighted above is what really scares me a lot.

even though i have "dependable" pilot powers, i still think i'm going to low side everytime i go around a bend. i still have about half an inch of space between treadwear and the edge of my rear tire.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol ok ok no more hard street riding...i was just walking and i tripped...and dragged my knee

1 - 20 of 39 Posts