Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

1) I want to buy PIAA Ion Yellow fog bulbs and a Spyder/Spec-D kit.
The question is - do I need to buy yellow kit and install the yellow bulb in to it, or do I need to buy a white/clear kit and install the yellow bulb in there?
Will my yellow bulb be brighter in a white housing or yellow?

Basically, what I think is that if I put a yellow bulb into a yellow housing, then it will be dimmed a bit because of the yellow glass/plastic.
But if I put a yellow bulb into a clear/white housing, the light will be brighter because the lens is clear. But will the light still be a strong yellow?

2) Will a PIAA H11 fit a Spyder/Spec-D kit like plug and play?

Please, advise!

Thank you!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I would go with the clear housing and yellow bulb. I like the OEM USDM look as well with the clear housing. Are you sure it's a H11 bulb? I have the Spyder kit and on the back it says H8 but advertised as H11 when I bought it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I run a clear kit and I used to use Nokya 2500k bulbs in it and it looked great. It had a sleeper look to it because the housing is clear but the light is yellow at night. I try to keep it as OEM looking as possible
Thank you! And very nice pic and the car :)
I've got the same silver RSX!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would go with the clear housing and yellow bulb. I like the OEM USDM look as well with the clear housing. Are you sure it's a H11 bulb? I have the Spyder kit and on the back it says H8 but advertised as H11 when I bought it.
Thank you!
From what I found in this forum, it's H11. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=703552

Would you guy advise to buy PIAA or NOKYA yellow fog bulbs? Or any other decent yellow bulbs?

Thank you.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
might invest in some of that lens protector. forgot what it's called. i know the fog light lens tend to crack easily

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
yeah. that. :lawl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.