Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 RSX. The headlights have been cleaned and clear coated at least once before me. they were really yellow so I used Meguire's cutting polish on them. They were much improved, but still yellow and somewhat splotchy.

I would like suggestions on what to do. I have been looking for NOS headlights, but they are few to find and costly. I am scared of aftermarket as the last time I got some of those (for a '98 Passat) they were little better than crap - could NOT adjust them.

SOOOO:
1. Can I still clean them up with abrasive techniques that I have not tried yet?
2. What aftermarket lights are "just like factor' yet actually good quality?
3. Is there somewhere to find original lights that are not priced like caviar?

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
Here is some shit for you. Keep the lights you got. Then buy cheap-ish ebay lights or amazon then make tow huge CF intake scoop holes. one for intake. one for cooling.

I found a new set of damged headlights. brand new glass. big intake roor..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 05 RSX. The headlights have been cleaned and clear coated at least once before me. they were really yellow so I used Meguire's cutting polish on them. They were much improved, but still yellow and somewhat splotchy.

I would like suggestions on what to do. I have been looking for NOS headlights, but they are few to find and costly. I am scared of aftermarket as the last time I got some of those (for a '98 Passat) they were little better than crap - could NOT adjust them.

SOOOO:
1. Can I still clean them up with abrasive techniques that I have not tried yet?

SOOOO:
I know you said you’re looking for OEM for fear of cheap knock offs being crap. I was in the same boat, but after seeing so many people with the bad ass setups from Precision Works, I decided to go for it. Couldn’t be happier! They take months to be made but other than that no issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well now that they are improved a little can you tell if they are yellowing from the outside or is the inside headlight needing refurbishing? If it's just the outside you may need to sand them and re-polish. There are headlight restore kits that come with everything you need. It's a PIA and a little time consuming but results can be quite good.

Alternatively, you can buy aftermarket headlights and swap the new lens on to your headlights. You now have a second set of headlights. In your spare time you can clean up the oem lens, then retrofit projectors into the aftermarket headlight and combine the two (this is my setup now).

No matter what route you take, take proper steps to protect the headlight lens from UV exposure whether it be a ceramic coating or a protective film like Lamin-X.

·
Registered
All redone stock 99,900 original miles!
1 Posts
Well now that they are improved a little can you tell if they are yellowing from the outside or is the inside headlight needing refurbishing? If it's just the outside you may need to sand them and re-polish. There are headlight restore kits that come with everything you need. It's a PIA and a little time consuming but results can be quite good.

Alternatively, you can buy aftermarket headlights and swap the new lens on to your headlights. You now have a second set of headlights. In your spare time you can clean up the oem lens, then retrofit projectors into the aftermarket headlight and combine the two (this is my setup now).

No matter what route you take, take proper steps to protect the headlight lens from UV exposure whether it be a ceramic coating or a protective film like Lamin-X.
Walmart will sand and clean lens for $26.00/ I always use them. Also my RSX Base got lights on Amazon for $110.00 Great for 2 years now. Had to buy new bulbs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts