Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 type S. I just lost my secondary O2 sensor and instead of fronting the 200+ dollors for that I would rather just get a Kpro and tune it out.

MY car is NOT my Daily Driver, so I have no problem pulling my ECU to send to you first if you need.

I need the Kpro ecu and cable and CD.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5,293 Posts
I have an 02 type S. I just lost my secondary O2 sensor and instead of fronting the 200+ dollors for that I would rather just get a Kpro and tune it out.

MY car is NOT my Daily Driver, so I have no problem pulling my ECU to send to you first if you need.

I need the Kpro ecu and cable and CD.
thats going to be EXPENSIVE

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes but If I get K-pro for 7-8 hundred it is better then spending 200 now then 7-8hundred later for k-pro ...

I would rather put out a feeler see if there is anyone who has one used before I go new but thats an option.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I think you always need the sensor.... so your gonna buy kpro and then have to buy the sensor anyways..... I think you need it because that is what controls the A/F.... I might be wrong, but that is what I read somewhere....... kpro wont fix the problem, you always need a working sensor, the only thing kpro does is delete the check engine light..... I would check first...

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
I think you always need the sensor.... so your gonna buy kpro and then have to buy the sensor anyways..... I think you need it because that is what controls the A/F.... I might be wrong, but that is what I read somewhere....... kpro wont fix the problem, you always need a working sensor, the only thing kpro does is delete the check engine light..... I would check first...
secondary tells the ECU if the catalytic converter is functioning, has nothing to do with A/F's only the primary does

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
right that was what i was reading... so I just need kpro then if I want I can just plug the hole and remove the 02 sensor....

Edit: and in NY if you have a CEL you fail are yearly inspection.... so I need Kpro before the end of next month :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts