Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
"Not slow enough to pass." What?

I got stuck behind someone today who was doing the speed limit. Right on the nose, not a .5 over. Never wavered, they may as well have had their cruise control on. That, with their anti-establishment Bernie Sanders stickers plastered all over the car. One even said "RESIST," of all things, and yet here they were being very careful not to. Anyone else hate these sheeple? There was a nice turn coming up, I wasn't having this. You know what I did? I had this epiphany that the double-yellow was just paint on the tarmac. So I "resisted." Back road, no traffic, I don't give a shit. It was even one of those rare moments where my Base hit the power band just right and didn't make an embarrassingly slow overtake, too!

If they're going slow, they're slow enough to pass, haha.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
It is uncanny you tell me this story, because I actually made the same decision one time, and the result was a scenario I never envisioned... But before I get to that, I found out the law (in Ohio at least) is that you cannot legally pass on a double-yellow unless the person is going less than half the posted speed limit. That's what I meant by "not slow enough to pass..." (That's 17.5mph in a 35!)

Anyways, so once I was going down a 35mph road on my way to my favorite remote business highway feeder type of road, and where you get onto it snakes under the overpass. Literally snakes around bridge abutments. It's so fun. Well, on my way to this road, about a 1000ft before I get there, a car comes off a sidestreet after fudging a stop sign cutting me off somewhat (I had to coast and hit the brakes) and proceeds to go like exactly 35 after rushing through that stop. Well I start thinkin This slowpoke jerk better not be going down my favorite street, and lo and behold, he does! Well, I decided to follow him closely and pass him immediately on the first half of the chicane over the double yellow blazing by him into the 2nd turn, which was fun itself, but illegal.

Well, apparently he didn't appreciate that (but he didn't seem to mind cutting me off and not waiting for me to pass initially), and after going pretty fast and letting off, I see this SUV catching up to me... I started to freak a little, that I offended him. And he starts catching up to me, so I went a little faster and so does he. So now I'm freaked out as my road will end soon, so I pull into a busy business center and cruise slowly through the parking lot, and he follows me! Now I'm more nervous than ever, and head back toward the street in case he decides to pull a gun on me (I told you I was freaked out), and I end up blitzing outta there back the way we came, so that if he had any business to do I'd know it was with me, and, he pulled out the same way!

So now I just running for my life and go back all the way to the street we started on and try to go down a different side street but it doesn't go anywhere so I end up just hiding for a while. I even though about parking in some strangers driveway or garage, but I didn't. Eventually after some time, I try to sneak out of that development and go a different way that does connect somewhere else, and I see a police officer go by. He immediately circles over toward me so I pull over and just wait for him to put his lights on... which he does. Apparently that guy called me in.

After all is said and done, the end of this story (maybe I should fill in more later but I have to go), is that that dang SUV driver was a police officer! Off-duty, with his son in the backseat! So much more to say about this right now but basically, you never know who you're passing, and I ended up getting a zero-point violation ticket as a compromise because the charging officer didn't match the citing officer er whatever, obviously, because he was off-duty and wasn't pulling me over. It was all bogus.

While I was running away from this supposed madman about to kill me, I was praying to God just to let me live and keep me safe for the sake of my wife and family, and he turned the madman into an off-duty police officer, lol (sigh)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts