Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am starting to get near time for new tires

Wondering what tires or setups y’all have liked the most on your rsx and how they performed and how much life you got form them.

I drive the mountain a lot so breaking and corner performance are Really what I am looking for also my motor is stock

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I’m on my second set of Toyo Proxes 4+ and I haven’t had a single complaint. However, they’re A/S tires so I can’t say they’re perfect. Can’t remember what kind of mileage I got out of them, but they’ve always gripped well, even at 80 mph in the rain. It’s a soft tire so I’m sure there’s some rollover on hard turns, but I don’t notice it with my alignment.

Needless to say, your choice of suspension and sway bars will change how the tires grip. Take that into consideration when you decide on your new set.

·
Registered
135 Posts
continental DWS, I have had several sets on several different cars. I believe they changed the model number, to something like extreme contact dws, but they are amazing tires and not expensive. When i burn out these stock 16's, i'll buy a set for my 06 oem wheels

·
Banned
25 Posts
I like Continental, they are very high quality and reliable, I use only this brand for more than 3 years. If we talk about car rims , then there is a matter of taste, everyone chooses what he likes visually. I like the options that are presented on this link. They are good visually and quite inexpensive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a set of BF Goodrich's for over 7 years which were a great wearing tire, good ride and handling. I noticed tire rot so I got rid them even though they had maybe 5,000 miles left. They had over 50,000 miles on them.
I got a cheaper set of General tires, the Altimax. They seemed to ride a little harsh but have softened a bit. Wet and dry traction are very good. I'll have to wait for snow since they have only seen slush this past late winter/ early spring. hero splendor ismart

·
Past Driver’s Ed
516 Posts
If you can’t afford a set of summer tires and winter tires, you can’t go wrong with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

·
#Inkpot
5,129 Posts
Track - Direzza star spec II's
Road - Riken Raptors(cost vs performance) or the BFG Sport Comp 2's

That said, the SC2's are no longer the daily mixed usage tire to have.
It seems the Falken Azeni FK510 beat the pants off of the BFG in the tire rack tests.
Ill be trying that for my next tire.

·
Super Moderator
430,558 Posts
If you can’t afford a set of summer tires and winter tires, you can’t go wrong with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.
yes, that is a great tire. had it on my rsx years after years

using it now with my mazda 3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts