Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am starting to get near time for new tires

Wondering what tires or setups y’all have liked the most on your rsx and how they performed and how much life you got form them.

I drive the mountain a lot so breaking and corner performance are Really what I am looking for also my motor is stock

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I’m on my second set of Toyo Proxes 4+ and I haven’t had a single complaint. However, they’re A/S tires so I can’t say they’re perfect. Can’t remember what kind of mileage I got out of them, but they’ve always gripped well, even at 80 mph in the rain. It’s a soft tire so I’m sure there’s some rollover on hard turns, but I don’t notice it with my alignment.

Needless to say, your choice of suspension and sway bars will change how the tires grip. Take that into consideration when you decide on your new set.

·
Registered
135 Posts
continental DWS, I have had several sets on several different cars. I believe they changed the model number, to something like extreme contact dws, but they are amazing tires and not expensive. When i burn out these stock 16's, i'll buy a set for my 06 oem wheels

·
The Silver Bullet
53 Posts
BFGoodrich g-force sport comp-2

They have sidewall inserts to help prevent rollover.
Brake like a MF'r...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a set of BF Goodrich's for over 7 years which were a great wearing tire, good ride and handling. I noticed tire rot so I got rid them even though they had maybe 5,000 miles left. They had over 50,000 miles on them.
I got a cheaper set of General tires, the Altimax. They seemed to ride a little harsh but have softened a bit. Wet and dry traction are very good. I'll have to wait for snow since they have only seen slush this past late winter/ early spring. hero splendor ismart

·
Leftie Lucy
45 Posts
another vote for BFGoodrich g-force sport comp-2. Rather noisy though
Bingo... Slightly noisy but not at all unacceptable, great grip, excellent wet (when we have wet),
but excellent overall, and better wear characteristics than my next old favorite Kumho Ecsta SPTs.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
563 Posts
If you can’t afford a set of summer tires and winter tires, you can’t go wrong with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

·
#Inkpot
5,201 Posts
Track - Direzza star spec II's
Road - Riken Raptors(cost vs performance) or the BFG Sport Comp 2's

That said, the SC2's are no longer the daily mixed usage tire to have.
It seems the Falken Azeni FK510 beat the pants off of the BFG in the tire rack tests.
Ill be trying that for my next tire.

·
Super Moderator
430,557 Posts
If you can’t afford a set of summer tires and winter tires, you can’t go wrong with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.
yes, that is a great tire. had it on my rsx years after years

using it now with my mazda 3

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m on my second set of Toyo Proxes 4+ and I haven’t had a single complaint. However, they’re A/S tires so I can’t say they’re perfect. Can’t remember what kind of mileage I got out of them, but they’ve always gripped well, even at 80 mph in the rain. It’s a soft tire so I’m sure there’s some rollover on hard turns, but I don’t notice it with my alignment.

Needless to say, your choice of suspension and sway bars will change how the tires grip. Take that into consideration when you decide on your new set.
I used to have Toyo's on my old car. They were one of the best tires I've ever had.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
563 Posts
Update on the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. For all season tires I haven’t been disappointed with their dry and wet performance. With stiffer sidewalls, steering response is pretty sharp. Well after 30K hard miles, tire noise was increasing and the treadwear was coming close to the end of their life so I decided to swap them out for the new Pilot Sport All Season 4. So far I'm pretty happy with their performance, but driving in snow will be the final test.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been using a set of Toyo tires for years. I'm satisfied with its traction and road-handling even during rainy weather. I have a Nitto grappler currently installed on my rig and I'm becoming quite fond of it. I like the reduced noise and comfortable ride even in the off-road terrain. I might even stick with Nitto tires this year for my new set of winter tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If no one has tried firestone indy 500's I had them on my fb6 and it is such a great tire I can't recommended them enough and very affordable. I had the bfg comp2 before and were also a great tire but couldn't justify the extra cost anymore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No personal experience but a lot of folks call the Indy500 the poorman's Michelin Pilot Super Sport/PS4. More than enough grip to exploit the street (great for dry roads, average in wet when new, poor when worn in), above average street/track tire, but not comparable to the PSS/PS4 for road comfort.

I've been impressed with the Falken 510 for street-only duties, but I know that I would improve in all departments if I went with a MPS4 or Continental extremecontactsport for street duty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts