Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been having bad luck ordering parts for my car lately. Kteller exhaust crush bent, Ebay throttle body with TPS butterfly built the wrong way and now Zerg Industries gasket!

I put a Zerg Industries Throttle body gasket and Intake manifold Gasket on my Type S. I torqued everything to spec, I go to tune it with Kpro and I hear a weird whistle noise that was not present before the gasket. I check it with brake cleaner, I spray around the throttle body and it stalls out. I try retorquing everything several times, still leaking. I had an extra OEM TB gasket laying around. I bored the gasket to
70mm to match my TB and I put the OEM gasket on, the leak stopped. I also took the TB off 3x and the OEM gasket still sealed each time.

I did the same thing with the Zerg Industries Intake manifold gasket. Retorqued, repositioned, I spray brake cleaner near the top and at two spots it will stall out.

Are these Zerg Industries Gaskets POS? I can't get them to seal! I noticed the Hondata gaskets are a lot softer.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zerg Industries and P2R gaskets are garbage. They are too hard! I found a fix that will enable you to use these pieces of crap gaskets. Its called The Right Stuff by Permatex! It's $15 with tax at Autozone, pricey but better than even Honda Bond! It fixed my intake manifold leak!

·
MECP Installer
496 Posts
Or just get good gaskets to start with. As a mechanic I've seen people try to use silicone to "fix" bad or torn gaskets. I can't recommend against it enough. Just get the right stuff for the job off the bat.

·
Registered
841 Posts
zerg?? I don't trust'em
I used a hondata gasket and P2R gasket and no issues

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem is, you dont know what gaskets are good until you buy them and try them. I don't see anyone doing aftermarket gasket reviews. Ive run Hondata Thermal gaskets and they are decent. The OEM gaskets are really good but you get alot of heat transfered to the head. The Right Stuff is better than any OEM RTV Ive used.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P2R gave me issues. Hondata gaskets are softer. I think most of these thermal gaskets harden over time. The Zerg fitment is better than OEM and Hondata, it just didnt seal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts