Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it seems most folks around here like the NX kit. Fair enough, but can you guys let me know some reasons? I'm looking at getting a wet kit for my '04 Type S, and I can get a brand new ZEX wet kit for $598 canadian (~$450 US) from one of out suppliers. I've got a buddy with a '99 SiR (Si) coupe who's run twenty(!) bottles through his B16A on a ZEX dry kit, and the compression test last week came up 220-220-215-220. This makes me trust ZEX, but hey, I'm open to thoughts, so share 'em! :thumbsup:

Dunno if this should really be in VS section, but I figured I'd go straight to the juice monkeys ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Risingsun said:
Well, it seems most folks around here like the NX kit. Fair enough, but can you guys let me know some reasons? I'm looking at getting a wet kit for my '04 Type S, and I can get a brand new ZEX wet kit for $598 canadian (~$450 US) from one of out suppliers. I've got a buddy with a '99 SiR (Si) coupe who's run twenty(!) bottles through his B16A on a ZEX dry kit, and the compression test last week came up 220-220-215-220. This makes me trust ZEX, but hey, I'm open to thoughts, so share 'em! :thumbsup:

Dunno if this should really be in VS section, but I figured I'd go straight to the juice monkeys ;)
i'm new to the dark side...but i believe that the thing with ZEX is that it is all run by a computer...don't know if i wanna trust my sweet little acura to a micro chip you know?

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
yes, what he says is true, but i wouldn't base your purchase solely on price, zex being cheaper. Zex is known to be an easier install ( don't understand how that can be ) but comes a little short of the hp claimed ( dunno if they just use small jets or what )

nx + nos are basically the same stuff, tested and true. :thumbsup:

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
Risingsun said:
Well, it seems most folks around here like the NX kit. Fair enough, but can you guys let me know some reasons?
All Zex had when alot of us were buying kits was a dry kit. Maybe if they would have had a simple wet kit out, there would be a few more people on here with them.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
RSX Factor said:
All Zex had when alot of us were buying kits was a dry kit. Maybe if they would have had a simple wet kit out, there would be a few more people on here with them.
very true, good point. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I went ahead and ordered the ZEX Wet kit and the MSD RPM Window switch. I'll let ya all know what I think of the kit ;)

My initial setup plan is to pill the RPM switch for engagement at 5800 rpm, and disengagment at 7900 rpm. I figure this will give the clutch a few hundred RPM to be fully engaged before the nitrous hammers it, maybe giving it some extra life. Since I'm only planning on using the nitrous for racing, I don't really want it to engage lower. I may later get one of the adjustable units for the engagment pill so I can fiddle with it. Starting with the 55 shot, we'll see how long that stays that way...

I'm going to do some datalogging with the kit and see what I can see. As a tech for Honda, I've got access to the Honda HDS unit. I'll be able to get a "High speed snapshot" of stuff like RPM vs. Lambda reading vs. Knock Sensor Retard Activity, and get a good handle on how the engine and management system likes being juiced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
zex wet kit prices

can you give me a way to reach whoever is selling a zex wet kit for 450 us? the cheapest Ive found is 518 with free shipping.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it from one of our suppliers up here in canada (www.lordco.com), they had the wet kits on sale for $598 CDN. After shipping and crap that $515 US shipped one would probably work out to be the same price or cheaper.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey Rising Sun...can you get a good deal for a zex wet kit part#82021? Let me [email protected]

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Guys, i'll leave this up here for now, but it will get edited/deleted.

The forums are run because of the online store, which sells nx. Granted you guys want zex, but i think you get the idea, postin up lower prices for similar stuff, takes away from business.

I left it up here because you guys are north of the border, and i'm sure customs and stuff is a bit different to get stuff up there. Just please keep in mind what keeps these boards up and running :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
chrisnick said:
im also planning on a zex wet kit, but im not entirely sure what i would need. would i need just what comes with the kit?
take a look at the sticky. it describes all the stuff. Not 100% familiar with what zex offers as far as fuel pressure safety switches, rpm windows + such.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm running my ZEX Wet with the basic kit itself (comes with the WOT tap-in for the TPS sensor, no need to mount a microswitch), and an MSD window switch. It's great! I think next up is gonna be an AEM fuel rail (I'm not 100% satisfied with my current fuel supply arrangement, had to use the stock plastic fittings with some fuel injection hose and clamps) so I can tap directly to the rail for fuel. I think I'll also mount a fuel pressure switch at the same time. Can never be TOO safe...

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
how much are you sprayin? even the 125 guys didn't notice a dip in fuel pressure ( other than 1-2 lbs when it first kicks)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WarmPepsi said:
how much are you sprayin? even the 125 guys didn't notice a dip in fuel pressure ( other than 1-2 lbs when it first kicks)
75, but hey, I don't wanna be the first to lose a motor to flaky fuel pressure ;)

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
nah, theres no reason not to use safety stuff, but if you don't set the gauge right, you have no idea what pressure it's set to turn off at, which makes it worthless ;)

(comes stock at 35 psi if i remember right )

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've actually found a set 38 psi (ZEX recommends 38 psi minimum) fuel/oil pressure switch from one of our suppliers. I'll try to find out who makes it and part # if applicable...

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
whoa whoa, nx's is adjustable. get an air line or something to set the thing by and you're set. i'd want it set higher than that. normal fuel pressure is around 51 psi.

oil pressure varies from 20 psi at idle (warm) to 100 or so at wot.

I'd just get a fuel set to 45 or so and leave it :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts