Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
K Pro question.

This is a great write up!! very detailed :thumbsup:

My question is, why is it K-pro required? I've seen that it is needed for it to work right. What does it actually do? What problems may occur if you install this without K-Pro.

I'm just trying to learn, thx guys :bow:

·
Casual Scum
2,108 Posts
This is a great write up!! very detailed

My question is, why is it K-pro required? I've seen that it is needed for it to work right. What does it actually do? What problems may occur if you install this without K-Pro.

I'm just trying to learn, thx guys
Your stock ECU is set up to breathe through it's factory manifold, which is shaped differently and moves air differently than the RBC does.

K-Pro is re-programmable and lets you tell your car "Hey, I changed this part. Here's how to use it."

It's like installing a new video card into your PC without the drivers. Just because it's plugged in, doesn't mean your computers knows WTF to do with it!

·
'02 EBP RSX
504 Posts
it also disables the secondary air runners on that the base manifold has

·
Former 240sx GURU
809 Posts
ok so ive got kpro rbc adapter and type s tb...
what kind of intake will i need to run this? anything specific or just a type s intake??

·
Former 240sx GURU
809 Posts
still waiting... lol
just dont want fitmint issues when i start tearing stuff apart..

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
I got a couple questions. A couple years ago I had the rbc mani, tried to put it on my base and found out I needed kpro after-wards. Anyways, I just repurchased a new rbc mani. I put it on today along with the type s throttle body, rewired the tps for the throttle body. Now my problem is that I have an injen ram air intake. It will not in any way bolt up to my throttle body. FUCK!!!!! So, do I need to get a type s cold air injen? I'm ordering kpro in about another week so, I am not worried about rushing anything. The car is all apart because my blown struts are causing the front end to shake. So I figured over the winter i'll just build the bish! Any suggestions for injectors, rails, fpr? Im done with going for looks, it's all motor building now. I'm trying to get all the parts that would be able to be swapped to an a2 motor for when I get bored of the a3.lmk, thanks for the help!:giggity:

·
Former 240sx GURU
809 Posts
have you tried a longer coupler? get a longer silicone pipe wrap thing)

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
have you tried a longer coupler? get a longer silicone pipe wrap thing)
Ya, the coupler won't work because the intake manifold has the s throttle body on a serious slant opposed to our straight base model junk. Now I just got to hang in there and buy all this shit that im going to put on.

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
Im actually thinking about just getting the type s injen cai, kpro and my 1-piece d2 coil overs. Then saving for the big deal! I have been all up in the k24 diy swap threads. I believe im going to just slap the almighty k24 in and boost later.

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
Alright, so after tinkering a lil more with the base ram air intake on the type s throttle body! I was able to make it work! Now my problem is, saving up for kpro! lol. I got some tanabe 1-piece coilovers off of a buddy of mine for a good price. I cant drive the car because I need kpro, but I did shake the front end down. There is no more play in my front end now! So I shouldn't have the shaking when I finally drive it again.

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
RBC is boss!!!! I just took it for a test drive in limp mode! The car is screaming vtec now!! Love the new mani. Now I can't drive til' I get kpro! My question is, where can I disconnect the cruise control? I don't want that shit on no more! Please help! I got a cable dngling in my engine bay!

·
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
ok so ive got kpro rbc adapter and type s tb...
what kind of intake will i need to run this? anything specific or just a type s intake??
My BAse model Injen CAI fits just fine. Sorry for long reply lol
RBC is boss!!!! I just took it for a test drive in limp mode! The car is screaming vtec now!! Love the new mani. Now I can't drive til' I get kpro! My question is, where can I disconnect the cruise control? I don't want that shit on no more! Please help! I got a cable dngling in my engine bay!
Nice man. To get rid of CC you will need to take out the entire cruise control module and all the wiring associated with it. Check Helms manual for procedure.

·
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
please sticky this! can you show me a pic or what not of the sensor we have to rewire?
sorry for long reply man. I do not have any pics of the rewiring for the TPS but it is really easy. There is three wires going into the sensor.
You must cut the first and third one. NOT THE MIDDLE ONE but leave some wire left on the sensor. Then splice wire 3 to where wire 1 was cut on the sensor and then splice wire 1 with where wire 3 was cut on the sensor. I used a sodering gun and some eletrical tape.

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
lol, nice. Ya, I don't know about removing all of that! lol, i just want the damn cable out of my engine bay!

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
Ya that's a good idea. You know, just for now until I decide to remove it. It's getting cold over here in Jersey and I don't want to mess with it in the cold lol. When kpro comes im definately zip tying it.

21 - 40 of 198 Posts