Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

721 - 738 of 738 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
:hb: only took about 14 tries until really understanding when the wires should be connected and when they should not. Light on = Short Circuit , Light Off = Open Circuit. Correct sequence will yield 2 flashes then shazzam!

·
Registered
677 Posts
just did this procedure. took several attempts because i was a bit slow on the 2nd connection. works like a charm. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Almost 12 years later and this DIY is still relevant. Thanks for keeping the pictures up to date too, this saved me some $$ getting my SRS light 'diagnosed' at a shop.

·
NA Today
1,504 Posts
Relevant it is. Took my car to Brandsmart to get a sound system installed, and removing the seats tripped the SRS light of course. For some reason the tech couldn't get the code to clear with his scanner and the scanner wouldn't even read the code. He proceeded to waste an hour of his time taking my car to some random shop, without calling me first. I got an alert on my smartstart GPS, and of course when I get to brandsmart I'm able to fix it in 10 seconds. Thanks dude, this trick is da bomb

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #726
Almost 12 years later and this DIY is still relevant. Thanks for keeping the pictures up to date too, this saved me some $$ getting my SRS light 'diagnosed' at a shop.
yeah, the pictures are hosted by my website so as long as my website is still up, the picture will still be there.

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #727
Relevant it is. Took my car to Brandsmart to get a sound system installed, and removing the seats tripped the SRS light of course. For some reason the tech couldn't get the code to clear with his scanner and the scanner wouldn't even read the code. He proceeded to waste an hour of his time taking my car to some random shop, without calling me first. I got an alert on my smartstart GPS, and of course when I get to brandsmart I'm able to fix it in 10 seconds. Thanks dude, this trick is da bomb
Glad this worked! 10 seconds vs 1 hour... i'd go with 10 seconds lol unless its something sexual then thats a different topic

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #729 (Edited)

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #731
What up guys! Do either of you still have an rsx? I still daily mine, LOL.
lol, sadly.. no. Whats up man, glad you still have your car!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
lol, yes. I'm still around.. I just lurk a lot. You should of came to our meet a few weeks ago.. It was a 10 year reunion. Brought the ferrari out and it was powered by FutureITR.. lol This thread : http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1226241
Lol would be cool, but moved out of Cali.
What up guys! Do either of you still have an rsx? I still daily mine, LOL.
I still have it but it just parks. :thumbsdow Right now parked pending a TPS and primary o2 sensor :rotfl:

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
lol, sadly.. no. Whats up man, glad you still have your car!
It's on its last legs, but at this point, I don't know if I could get rid of it. 14 years is a long time.

Lol would be cool, but moved out of Cali.

I still have it but it just parks. :thumbsdow Right now parked pending a TPS and primary o2 sensor :rotfl:
hahah. Where'd you move to?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, this worked perfectly for me. I had to give it about 10 tries before I got it to get to the 2 quick flashes part. After that the light stayed off.

There were a couple of problems I encountered. First, I used a jumbo paper clip which doesn't fit into the connector at all. I had to hold it to make contact so that made it a bit harder. Second, I wrote down that there would be 3 flashes in the beginning before the SRS would turn off for the first time. I didn't realize it said 3 seconds. If anyone is going by flashes I believe it is 7.

Now I just have my engine and abs light to go through.

Thank you for the post, it's still very helpful.

·
Long Live RSX
481 Posts
OP thanks! I did not know what to do with my SRS light that lit up a couple of months ago until i found this thread :)

721 - 738 of 738 Posts